Thursday, May 10, 2018

Mother's Day and Sympathy Cards | Z Fold Card

MAKING Z FOLD CARDS FOR MOTHER'S DAY AND SYMPATHY

Hi Magandang umaga! Welcome to my blog. 
I made another Z Fold cards for mother's day and sympathy cards. 2 for mother's day and 1 for sympathy card. Last week, I made 5 Z fold cards for mother's day only and I mailed the cards to my mother-in-law, tita and friends. The background cardstock is from Staple and it is 8 ½ wide by 5 ½ tall. When fold it is 4 ¼ by 5 ½. I use the 6 ½ x ¾ envelope. I use my trimmer to cut it into 2. Then after I cut it I fold in half and fold again the top of the card. Or you can score it to 2 1/8 and score it to 4 1/4. And fold it.



The green vine flowers are from Vintage Flower Metal Cirrus Flower Cutting Dies Stencils from China, AliExpress



The top print is from Fresh Floral Stack of DCWV 180 sheets that I bought in Acmoore.  I use the Silhouette Studio Designer Edition and Silhouette Cameo to cut these. I draw a rectangular shape 8 ½ wide by 5 ½ height as background and divide this shape into 2 to get perfect size of each side. Then on the other side I divide it into 2. After this, I use the offset command to get perfect size inside of the background.

I use again the Silhouette Studio designer edition to design the sentiments. I used 4 different fonts in my Sending Love and Sympathy sentiment. Sending is Cherryla, Love is mighty heart, and aquarelle and sympathy is Edwardian Script ITC



I cut 3 lace border strips that is 8 ½ long and 1 inch thick. I use the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge Punch to punch the border. The cardstock is also from Staples. Then for the insert strips I cut 2 pcs for each cards. The size is 2 ½ long. Then fold at least a quarter on each sides.
On my first attempt I glue 2 ½ strips to the 8 ½ strip before I attached the strip to the card if it is easy to glue. But for me not. This Cgull tweezers is very useful. Aside of holding the small pieces I use this to clip my projects.   

Please click the my Youtube video on how I made Z fold cards Mother's day and Sympathy cards 



Thank you


No comments:

Post a Comment

ALTFRAGRANCES HAUL | 6 28 2023 | WITH PRICES | WHAT I GOT | FIRST IMPRESSION

  Hi! Magandang umaga! May nakita ako sa isang social media at isang video tungkol dito sa ALT fragrances. Pinag-isipan ko muna ng husto ku...